Created with older kids (teens) and adults in mind, Baseball's Unsung Hero is a comical personalized story that all armchair athletes will enjoy. Filled with sarcasm and humor, your favorite baseball fan becomes the star of the story and plays in the World Series. While they are able to pull off the big save, this book becomes the only “proof” that they should be a baseball legend. So, if your #1 baseball fan is better at talking the game than playing it, Baseball's Unsung Hero is the perfect novelty gift.
(This book has black and white illustrations.)
What's a Create-A-Book?
Each book in our Create-A-Book Collection is fully personalized with important information including full name, friends' names, hometown and more! Our durable construction features hard covers, laser-print pages and full-color illustrations (except where noted like above) which serve to create lifetime keepsakes. In addition, our patented Safety Bind System eliminates the staples and makes our books the safest and strongest personalized books on the market.
Read part of the story
(Personalized information is indicated by parentheses.)
- (First & Last Name) had a list of chores a mile long. However, it didn't matter because the (baseball team) were playing in the final game of the World Series. The series was tied three games each, and (he) decided that (his) chores could wait a few hours. (First Name) grabbed the remote control, a bowl of chips, and a (beverage) and made (himself) comfortable in (his) favorite chair.
- (First Name) noticed that the players had been out on the field for an awfully long warm up, and the pitching coach was going crazy about something down in the dugout. Then, the announcer broadcast the news that the pitcher of the (baseball team) had just thrown out his arm. The cameras followed the coach as he paced frantically inside the dugout. At one end of the dugout was a red wall phone. The coach reached it and started dialing. The cameras zoomed in. The announcer correctly guessed that the coach was calling in his back-up pitcher. That's when (First Name)'s phone started to ring!
- (First Name) answered the phone. "This is the coach! Come over here right away. You're going to pitch the game today," said the coach of the (baseball team). The coach hung up before (First Name) could ask any questions. "Wow!" (First Name) thought, "This must be a dream!" (First Name) packed (his) gear and spikes and headed for the door. (He) thought, "Wait until I tell (Friends) about this!" (First Name) stopped on (his) way to the car to pitch a few balls at the bulls-eye painted on the broad side of the barn.
- After a few balls got away from (him), (First Name) decided to pack it in and head for the park just a couple of blocks away. It'll come back to me once I'm in the game, so there's no need to warm up now, (he) thought. Once (First Name) arrived at the staduim, (he) entered through the back entrance, went into the locker-room, and dressed for the game. When (he) stepped into the stadium, (he) could hear the umpire call, "Play Ball!" The crowd cheered. Walking over to (First Name), the coach had the look of death about him as he asked "WHO ARE YOU?"
- "I'm (First & Last Name)," said (First Name). "You called (phone number), and I answered your call to the mound." "I can't believe this," said the coach, "This must be the lowest day in baseball. I thought I called our best pitcher on the disabled list who was to be discharged from the hospital this morning. I dialed (phone number - one number off), and who do I get but you! If we don't start the game immediately, we will have to forfeit. Walk quickly now to the mound and start throwing," the coach ordered. "We will just have to win this one on batting." The announcer checked his notes and reported, "Pitching the final game of the (year) World Series for the (baseball team) will be (First & Last Name)." The announcer's words echoed throughout the stadium and into millions of homes on millions of TV's. Everyone in (Hometown) was stunned.
- (First Name) walked to the mound. The crowd was silent. The first inning was beginning. Back in (Hometown), (Friends) picked up the TV Guide and read the notice for today's game. The room was filled with baseball fans who were grabbing their drinks and chips and thinking about the sure bets they had made on the (baseball team).
- While turning on the set and settling into the furniture, (Friends) thought that the name (Last Name) was spoken while the volume was coming on. Then, the picture became clear. Shock filled the room. (First Name) was on the mound! Popcorn flew everywhere, and one observer in the group pounded his (beverage) can against his forehead. All of the fans knew that their investments were lost, and their bets wiped out. They had been done in by their very own (First & Last Name)...