CDK offers only top-quality peel and stick wall decorations - appliques (also known as wall stickers and wall decals), murals, and borders - from carefully selected, first-rate wall decor manufacturers. Products from all manufacturers have been tested on our own walls to ensure and verify quality and functionality. Below are some of our most frequently asked questions regarding our peel and stick wall decorations (generically referred to as "wall stickers" below). If you have a question that you do not see addressed here, please do not hesitate to call or send us an email with your questions.
Where can I apply the wall stickers offered by CDK?
Our wall stickers can be applied to any smooth, dry, and clean surface: walls, mirrors, refrigerators, laptops, tiles, glass, lockers, furniture, accessories, etc., even automotive surfaces!
Painted Wall Tips
- Prior to applying to a painted wall, make sure the wall is clean and dry.
- For newly painted walls, it is recommended to let the paint "cure" for 10 to 15 days before applying wall stickers. Even if the new paint feels dry, it may still need time to settle and completely cure. If available, follow the paint manufacturer curing-time recommendations for the application of wallpaper.
- Wall stickers are NOT recommended for "Orange Peel" textured walls.
- Wall stickers will NOT work on cinder blocks or very textured and porous surfaces.
- Wall stickers are NOT recommended for application on wallpaper or delicate surfaces.
- Wall stickers can be applied to tiles as long as the surface is clean and completely dry during installation. Make sure the design element does not overlap any grout area as water could filter under the sticker and compromise the adhesive.
- Wall stickers can be applied to shower walls, as long as they are placed tightly onto the surface so water cannot seep under the design element. Once applied, wall stickers should not move, even if sprayed by the shower.
- DO NOT place items decorated with wall stickers in dishwater or microwaves.
- DO NOT place wall stickers on carpets, rugs, fabrics, or any other textiles. Textile fibers may stick to the adhesive and ruin the product.
- DO NOT place wall stickers at the bottom of or inside a bathtub. Water could filter beneath the design element too easily and compromise the adhesive and could subsequently present a slipping hazard.
NOTE: In all applications, it is always best to test wall stickers in an inconspicuous area. If the surface is textured, performance could be seriously diminished. (Stickers have been tested by CDK on standard "knock-down" textured walls without a problem.) Make sure the surface is clean of dust and dirt or you may compromise the adhesive and ruin the product.
Do I have to cut them out myself?
No. Each wall sticker is die-cut in its own unique shape, ready to peel from the backing and apply.
Will wall stickers leave a sticky residue?
No. The beauty of our wall stickers is that the adhesive does not migrate onto the surface and therefore leaves no marks and no residue.
My item did not stick! What went wrong?
Please carefully read the "Where Can I Apply Wall Stickers" section prior to installation to see if all criteria has been met. If you feel you followed the instructions correctly, you may contact us to request a credit or replacement product.
How do I remove air bubbles?
When applying, make sure you start from one side (for the border) or the top (for the wall stickers) of each element. Keep the rest of the element away from the wall/surface. Slowly go down over the design with your hand and smooth the element onto the surface (and press the bubbles out as you go). Once applied, you should be able to move any remaining bubbles out by pressing/smoothing them out of the element. If the problem persists (this would only happen with the peel and stick murals), you can poke a tiny (invisible to the eye) hole with a pin and push the air out.
Can I re-use wall stickers months later?
Yes, even years! Simply replace the design elements onto the liner/backer and keep your wall stickers in a dust free and room temperature environment.
Where are the wall stickers made?
Almost all of our wall stickers are proudly made in the United States of America, with a few designs being made in Canada or the United Kingdom.